Glenaeon offers a range of Playgroups that are joyful, nurturing and supportive of the young child’s developmental stages. The intention is to nourish the body and soul through activities and interactions that capture the imagination and allow parents and their children to enjoy a good time together.
Each Playgroup meets once a week and is led by an experienced Early Childhood Teacher who guides the group through the day’s activities – including stories and songs, circle activities and free-play both indoors and out.
A shared morning tea is provided and each week, children take home skills for crafting life from domestic arts and sciences such as toy making, kitchen and garden alchemy. Our playgroup room is furnished with quality wooden and handmade toys while the natural bush playground is a haven for exploration and active tactile play.
Parents benefit from the wisdom and experience of the playgroup teachers, who share ideas for nurturing the young child at home and overcoming some of the challenges of 21st century parenting. New skills are acquired while connections and friendships are made among children and adults.
Wednesday 9.30am – 11am
A 90-minute session for children 1-2 years with an accompanying parent. This group provides a calm and nurturing environment where parents meet to discuss the joys and challenges of parenting while their children explore and play.
Tuesday and Thursday Playgroup
Tuesday, Thursday 9.30 – 11.30am
Join us with your preschool-age children for a joy-filled, wholesome and nourishing play oriented morning. This is a structured, ‘family style’, relaxed time to connect with your child/ren and each other and with nature, in beautiful expansive setting both outdoors and indoors. Beautiful handmade toys augment artefacts from the natural world.
For bookings and information contact:
email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 02 9958 0774
$270 per 9 week term
GLENAEON PRESCHOOL CAMPUS
Monday “Welcome Home” Bush PlaygroupMonday mornings: 9:00-11:00am
A new playgroup at Glenaeon Rudolf Steiner Preschool. We offer:
- A warm, supportive play-based program for parents and young children (birth to three).
- Nourishment for parents and children as we learn and grow together.
- An indoor and outdoor program: in the cottage, in the garden and the nearby parkland and bush.
- We will be cooking, making stories together, learning songs, and will take part in games for young and old, puppetry and toy making.
- Parent Education discussions at each play morning, a place for questions and developing answers including creative discipline, children’s development, Steiner education, routine, rhythm and ritual, celebrations and health and illness
118 Sydney St, Willoughby
Please call Sandra on 0413 271 308 or Preschool on 9412 4457 or email email@example.com to register your interest.
Cost: $240 per 9 week term