Just as our teachers work to make each class a 'learning community', so we strive to make Glenaeon a learning community for parents and friends of the school as well. We are committed to a continuing program of parent education to ensure that:
Parent Education Booklet Term 3 2017
- all members of the community are developing through continuing education;
- parents and teachers are able to build a common picture of our education and the developmental needs of the students;
- the work of Dr Rudolf Steiner (and others who have contributed to his impulse) is living widely in the school.
Parent Education takes the following forms:
- class meetings (at least twice a year) where aspects of the curriculum and child development are covered by the Kindergarten and Class Teachers, and High School Guardians;
- multi-class meetings where issues common to a particular phase of child development are addressed;
- a regular program of morning talks and workshops at the Castlecrag campus (usually on Thursday mornings and as advertised in the Newsletter) on a range of issues such as child development, education, child health and nutrition;
- evening talks and workshop by internal and visiting speakers.