Glenaeon Parents Association
All parents of current Glenaeon students are members of the incorporated Glenaeon Parents Association (GPA). We exist to provide support for the School so that the needs of the children may be met and the school community as a whole is nourished.
The key areas of focus for the GPA are:
- Community Engagement – fostering a culture of giving, connection and care within the school by actively motivating parents to support Glenaeon with their time, energy, special talents or skills.
- Communication – both between parents and between the parent body as a whole and the school. The GPA informally represents parents' views to the school and acts as a sounding board for School Management & the Glenaeon School Council when they require parent feedback on issues and planned initiatives.
- Support to Parents – via community event facilitation, Parent Library Services, Parent Craft workshops, as an information Portal and Representative body, as well as providing guidance and direction to Class Parents.
- Fundraising – providing logistic and finance and accounting support for Fundraising projects, providing resources to the School that would not otherwise be financed.
Glenaeon Parents Association Steering Group (GPA)
The GPA Steering Group is a smaller annually elected group of members that guide the parent association throughout the year. It includes the following:
- Two Co-Chairs
- Up to 12 ordinary members
The GPA meet regularly throughout the school year, with all meeting dates and community events noted in the online Glenaeon School calendar.